2018 USA Volleyball Annual Report
2018 was a very lucrative year for the Indoor Events Department. We saw growth in participation numbers in the girls qualifiers, boys bid tournaments and the national championships.
- The Girls 18s Junior National Championships rose in team numbers from 252 teams in 2017 to 292 teams in 2018 with Anaheim as the host city. In 2019 we will return to Dallas for this event.
- The Open National Championships was hosted in Dallas and also saw growth from 464 teams in 2017 to 524 teams. Columbus will host the event in 2019.
- The Girls Junior National Championships was held for the first time in Detroit in 2018 and 1,274 teams participated. This event will return to Indianapolis in 2019.
- The Boys Junior National Championships may have seen the biggest growth in 2018. The event was held in Phoenix which proved to be a popular destination. The championships were up to a record 577 teams, breaking the previous mark of 506 teams in 2017. The events will return to Dallas in 2019.
- National Collegiate Volleyball Federation also saw growth in 2018 with 456 teams. The event was hosted for the first time by St. Louis in 2018, and Denver will be the host in 2019.
- Girls’ qualifier numbers saw some growth in 2018 with 721 more teams participating. Boys’ bid team participation was also up by 51 teams in 2018.