2018 USA Volleyball Annual Report
USAV’s Coaching Education program underwent significant change in 2018. On Sept. 1, IMPACT became free for all USAV members and nearly 10,000 coaches took advantage of the course. Many more modifications were made to the Coaching Accreditation Program for beach, indoor and sitting.
- Several clubs hosted CAP I and CAP II for the first time
- USAV Beach Office hosted its first BCAP I and II
- Our CAP III coaches grew the game through some amazing outreach projects, whose topics included: hosting parent clinics that provided instruction about the rules of the game, presenting sitting volleyball clinics at local military bases, offering clinics to youth athletes in low-income areas, pairing new coaches with veteran coaches in a mentorship program, and using technology in practice to provide immediate feedback for athletes.
- Several current and former National Team players from all three disciplines attended CAP and Beach CAP courses
- Concepts from a working group were utilized to take the next steps in updating all curriculum and dividing it into age-specific content and delivery